Monday, July 07, 2014

Honest Evaluation

Jump in with me and enjoy a few words from one of my favorite authors...

"The Lord Is My Shepherd..."  Psalm 23:1a

"Raise your hand if any of the following describe you.

You are at peace with everyone.  Every relationship as sweet as fudge.  Even your old flames speak highly of you.  Love all and loved by all.  Is that you?

You have no fears.  Call you the Teflon toughie.  Wall Street plummets - no problem.  Heart condition - yawn.  Does this describe you?

You need no forgiveness.  Never made a mistake.  As square as a game of checkers.  As clean as grandma's kitchen.  Is that you?  No?

Let's evaluate this.  A few of your relationships are shaky.  You have fears and faults.  Hmmm.  Do you really want to hang on to your chest of self-reliance?  Sounds to me as if you could use a shepherd."

~Max Lucado, from the book "Traveling Light"
 
Join me in some honest evaluation.  If YOU are the one who has to take care of being perfect, can you handle it...
 
 
If not, turn to the Shepherd, He's got all you need...  "...I shall not want"  Psalm 23:1b

No comments: