Friday, October 12, 2007

Buzzy, Buzzy Bees...

Recently I decided that I would take a little time to "grow" my spiritual walk. So, Bible and study materials in hand, I ventured to a remote location for the day. Provided for me was a wonderful little cabin and a host of acres around it to roam. So, read, pray and roam I did.
.
During my day I went for a walk in the morning sun to get my senses heightened and my mind cleared so that I could focus on a reading when I returned. Well, upon returning from my hike, I felt a little weary, so I laid down and began to read. If you're like me, that posture is not a good one for serious reading, and you guessed it, I fell asleep.
.
About an hour later I awakened, ready to dive into spiritual truths that would bring my inner soul encouragement and life. The next few moments revealed that I was not alone!
.
Much to my dismay, the window on the cabin had been left open by its previous occupant. Low and behold, I was surrounded by bees.
.
I'm not afraid of bees, honest. I only have disdain for their sting. No allergies, unless not wanting to be in pain is an allergy. Last year I was stung 5 times. One day I was stung three times, twice by one bumble bee who, in my opinion, had gotten up that morning with my name on an attack order.
.
Being the nimble young man that I am (gray hair is only a disguise) I began chasing these intruders to rid myself of their "buzz". By the way, that's what got my attention, the buzzing noise was so loud I thought the hive was in the room.
.
One down, two. Three lay dead then four. One busy little one tried to escape but he joined a second and they became five and six In all I killed over a dozen. I know there were more than a dozen, but I got tired of making tally marks on the side of my fighter jet fly swatter.
.
One thought came to mind as I was mining truths from scripture while waiting for the next Kamikaze to arrive, Satan would try something stupid.
.
Scripture says "Be sober and self-controlled. Be watchful. Your adversary the devil, walks around like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour." (1 Peter 5:8) Without a long dissertation, I want to make a point before I finish. If you study the technique of lions, they often work in groups. One of the lions will scare the herd of prey away from itself with noise and roars, when the prey runs from the noise, it runs right into a trap. Your life and mine are no different, Satan, who has no victory over the Christian, makes noise and we run. The problem is, most times it's into a trap.
.
Anger, self pity, unforgiveness, hurtful words and the like are the traps we find ourselves in. The main goal, distraction from our faithfulness to Christ.
.
How about you? What distracts you from your task of following God and staying close to his Word?
.
You've heard it said at a telethon, "the lines are open". Well, the blog is wide open, why not tell the world, or at least the three people who read this blog, and use it as a prayer of therapy for your soul today...
.
Till Next time...

No comments: