Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Bees That Have Buzzed...

This morning I was re-reading my notes I have made in times of study or reflection. These often turn into blog entries. Most of the ideas I come up with are thoughts that have been spurred by others, experiences that have happened... Sermons I have heard... books or articles I have read... Insightful, funny or heart touching stories that I have come across.
.
Out of these come the "ramblings" in my mind, which end up in print.
.
This morning I came across a quote, I don't know it's origin at this point, but the thought came to my mind, "That's one of those things that 'buzz' and distract me from life on occasion."
.
No one wants to admit faults or failures, but the reality is we all have them. So, from my life, both past and if I'm not careful (which sometimes I'm not) in the present, comes a "buzzing bee" that this quote reminded me of.
.
I have in the past, and sometimes in the present, had hurts (perceived or actual) that I have not dealt with. Then I became angry at someone for what I think they did or did not do for me. As a result, I have fallen prey to bitterness. Bitterness truly is the seed of anger that has grown in the fertile ground of unforgiveness. One such incident happened about 15 years ago, I will not recount it, but the picture was so vivid to me this morning that I thought you, like me, might need to remind yourself of the effects of bitterness.
.
So, without any extra commentary, just this brief introduction, I now introduce you to one of the "buzzing bees" that has distracted me. It may be one you can identify with...
.
"Bitterness is like drinking poison and expecting your enemy to die."
.
Be careful, don't get "buzzed" (a whole new look at this term for those of us who grew up in the Hippy era)...
.
Watch out for distractions...
.
Till next time...

No comments: