Thursday, February 08, 2007

It's Worth It...


I was going through a pile of "do later" things today and came across an e-mail I printed last year. While I recieved this a while back, today I needed to hear it, I thought you might enjoy it as well. Forgive the rambling after the story...
.
A well known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a $20 bill. In the room of 200 he asked, "Who would like this $20 bill?" Hands started going up. He said, "I am going to give this $20 bill to one of you but first, let me do this." He proceeded to crumple up the $20 bill. He then asked, "who still wants it?" Still hands went up all across the room.
.
Well he replied, "what if I do this?", he dropped the $20 bill on the ground and started to grind it into to the floor with his shoe. He picked it up, now crumpled and dirty. "Now, who still wants it?" Again, hands went up all over the room.
.
"My friends, we have all learned a valuable lesson". "No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it because it did not decrease in value, it was still worth $20". "Many times in our lives we are dropped, crumpled and ground into the dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way". "We feel as though we are worthless". "But no matter what has happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value". "Dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased, you are still important to those who love you, never forget that".
.
As I sat and read this, I imagined many who have called or written me, many who I've cried to and with, and one common denominator became appearant. ALLOF US HAVE TIMES WHEN LIFE REALLY BEATS US UP AND WE WONDER ARE WE WORTH IT. The answer is YES!
.
But don't misunderstand, we are valuable because of WHO made us and WHO loved us enough to give us better options that what life hands us.
.
WHO? You may ask. The I AM. He made us in His image (Genesis 1:26). He desires to have fellowship with Him (I John 1:3). His heart was broken we stepped away from His fellowship (Matthew 23:37).
.
But His love was so great that he made a way for us to connect back to him. But God has made clear his love to us, in that, when we were still sinners, Christ gave his life for us. (Romans 5:8 BBE). He didn't wait for us, he took the initiative.
.
Let me ask you, feeling unloved?
.
Humans are fun to love, but they can and will let you down.
.
Take a moment and look to the Savior, if for the first time, just tell him you realize your not all you should be (Romans 3:23, 6:23) and that you want forgiveness and life eternal (Romans 10:13, I John 5:13).
.
If you've already trusted Him, remember his promise... ...For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." (Hebrews 13:5b NKJV).
.
Remember He's not going to let you carry this alone... Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light. (Matthew 11:29-30 NKJV)
.
I needed to remind myself today, how about you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perfect!

Rhonda Coleson said...

Yes Indeed. Good to remind us.