Wednesday, March 18, 2015

"Jesus was moved with compassion...." ~Matthew, tax collector and follower of Jesus

Ok....

I have a rhetorical question, I sure hope it is clear and I don't misstate it....

What does this say?

"I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people. Yet I did not mean with the sexually immoral of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would have to go out of this world.  But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.  For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? But those who are outside God judges... Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person." ~Paul to the Church at Corinth

Bold & italics are mine.

IT says, stay up to snuff with believers who are living immoral and leave the non-believers to God for judgment.

PLEASE READ THIS.... I AM AS "CONSERVATIVE" AS MOST IF NOT ALL OF YOU....

We read so much on FB and other social media about "damning" and "condemning" those who do not share our views as Christians and yet, NONE OF THE ROMAN CULTURE SHARED JESUS' MORALITY. 

And I am waiting for the first person to quote for me Jesus damning the Roman culture. 

Yes wrong is wrong, I AGREE AMERICA IS A MESS AND HAS LEFT IT'S MORAL PILLARS THAT WERE ADHERED TO "BACK IN THE DAY", but the first century believers had no political power, no money, no church buildings and for crying out loud they had no organized plan other than the words they were given. 

85-95% of them were illiterate and could not read a bible, and a NT bible didn't EVEN exist...It would be in print much later (nearly 200 years) than the impact made by these courageous believers who did not fear death itself and cared for those with the plague, even the pagans dying of the plague were taken into the homes of first century believers to be nursed back to health or cared for until death. 

And why did they have to take these pagans in? 

Because their own pagan family members and priests set them outside the city to save their own lives!

Have you ever wondered with all of these disadvantages how those believers happened to carry out the Great Commission. Literally 1,000's of people (3,000 in one setting in the Acts account) came to faith in Christ as these misfits became the salt and light of Jesus....

I think I can suggest something you can watch if you wish to know...
http://northpoint.org/me…/the-separation-of-church-and-hate/

Do your Savior a favor, sit still for 40 minutes and watch the video.  If after you disagree totally, then go back to posting hate posts for others to feed their anger on. 

Go back to calling those who don't believe in Christ are "fleas", "pests" and "an onslaught of mosquitoes coming here to to try to spoil our picnic" Words taken from a very prominent evangelist.

Thanks for reading this far if you have... I hope you've watched the video....

Comment if you wish...

No comments: