Monday, January 19, 2015

Lions and Tigers and sighs, oh my...

I sit here today, I am so broken hearted,
Unlike I was when this past year had started.
 
Back then I had hope as the wins began to appear,
The boys on the field caused each of us to cheer.

Anticipation and enthusiasm filled my life in the beginning,
Each time they played ball every quarter and inning.


Unable due to location to see them on TV or at the park,
I did my fan duty and checked box scores at each days start.

Even when it seems they may fall or falter and fade,
They’d stand back up dust off and a charge they made.

As the season filled with anticipation became final,
Sure enough the boys from Motown were in the mix, no denial.

They pushed and shoved and fought with all their might,
But at the end of the game the score was not right.

For you see to be a winner the homeruns and TD’s there must be,
More than the other team who also has dreams of being the bees knees.

When the last second ticked and the last out came,
Our BIG CATS surely, despite our heart, ended up lame.

Don’t get me wrong I am proud though eyes full of tears,
Because just like every other Motown fan says, there is always next year!


P.S. My heart now goes out to my loved ones whose season was just cracked,
For the Colt just got trampled and the Pack just got whacked!
   

Dear family, join me in this little phrase,
being a fan of my favorite team will eventually pay.

No comments: