Sunday, January 12, 2014

10 Random Thoughts That Make Me Think.... Or Chuckle...

Here are 10 thoughts about Church, Church People, Ministers and other Professional Christians...

They are not intended to be in any order, just recorded as I remembered them...

1. Why is it the guy who is healing everyone else has a hearing aid or a pair of glasses?

2. If people who were not like Jesus, LIKED Jesus, how come they don't like church people?

3. Oversaw on Facebook - Not going to church because of hypocrites is like not going to the gym because of out of shape people. (via my friend Chip)  This one will make you think a lot if you let yourself dwell on it...

4. Why is it that all the people who want you to believe that Jesus loves you are always telling you they hate you?

5. It is a shame the only time I really want to talk to God is after I should have been listening to him in the first place.  (for my friends who know I don't like to play the "mystical" game, God doesn't really speak to me in an audible voice, if he did, I would probably pass out and not hear him anyway)

6. This one from Andy Stanley, one of my favorite speakers and authors... If people think church is for church people, then we the church people need to reexamine our messaging. When grace is no longer front and center in the messaging and programming of the church, something else is." 

7. C'mon...  Admit it.... You're like me, you have fallen asleep at church...  Go ahead, confess it...  It will do you some good.   Now, you may not be like me and started snoring...  But then again...

8. Since there is no new thing under the sun how can there be so many "new things" to learn about God.  I find what I've learned about him in tough enough to live...  Did I mention that I think grace is a wonderful thing.  Oh that's right, it's next...

9. Grace is a wonderful thing!  Can't imagine life without it, can't believe I've tried to pretend I could earn it, sadly I forget it when dealing with other people...  Can I get an AMEN!

10. Here we go, this is the last one, not necessarily the least important...  If you, me and any other human can't earn our way to heaven, then why are we trying so hard to prove to others we're on our way there with a bunch of stuff that looks like roosters showing off in a barn yard?

No comments: