Monday, January 29, 2007

Some Days...

I was just sitting around with my head in my hands and realized I hadn't written in my blog for a week...
OK, OK, no amens or thank the Lords out there...
Ever notice how quickly some days go and yet others just seem to tick by slowly, well this week has had about 24 hours in it, I don't know how it went so quickly.
Enough blabbering, let's get to the point...
Ever wondered if what you're doing really matters? When you give your all, all you get is given out! You're not alone, many along the way have had the same experience. Even Jesus stop to rest because of the crowd pressing in on him, but what he never lost sight of was the Fathers call on his life. Listen, it's easy to get discouraged, after all, life's full of bad turns and twisted roads. I want to share some words from a book I read a while ago, I read these words every so often to remind me that the toil is worth it and the reward will come.
Take a few moments and ponder these thoughts by Billy Graham's daugther Anne Graham Lotz...

Ministry is getting our hands dirty, which means...
“...serving others when we need to be served,
praying for others when we need to be prayed for,
helping others when we need help,
ministering to others when we need to be ministered to,
giving to others when we feel like keeping,
hurting with others when our own hurt can’t be spoken,
and doing it all willingly, humbly, obediently, and gladly..For Him!”

Paul understood, from his own battles of life, that it's easy to say "that's enough". It was his motivation behind the words he wrote to those he loved...

But as for you, brethren, do not grow weary in doing good. (2 Thessalonians 3:13 NKJV)

Let us not abate our courage in doing what is right; for in due time we shall reap a reward, if we do not faint. (Galatians 6:9 WNT)

And realizing how easy it is to be weary, he points us to the hope we have if we have trusted Christ...

Compare yourselves with him who endured such hostility against himself at the hands of sinners (Jesus), lest you grow weary, fainting in your souls. (Hebrews 12:3 MNT)

Take heart my friend, my family in the faith...

He is always there, so sit down and take a breather when you must, but don't let weary wear you out.

God Bless till we ramble together again


No comments: