Sunday, January 14, 2007

Need A Good Laugh...


Well there I set, pizza on plate, diet coke in glass, fork in hand and family in attendance. Every second Sunday our family meets with our Sunday School class for what we call "Second Chance Sunday." It is on opportunity for our class members to get another (second) chance to fellowship together and it's great to meet with friends over food, even Jesus did that. Then came the big interview, I was unprepared but agreed nonetheless. Give the guy his day I said, I mean afterall he was only 9 years old and said he needed the interview for his Awana Club class. Interview a missionary, well, I'm the fall back plan, "I do count as a missionary in most occasions" I thought, what's the harm.

The questioning began...

Where do you work?

Gilead Ministries.

What do you do?

I operate an outreach to cancer patients.

Who inspired you?

I began to say it's not the likely person because it was not for ministry that he inspired me, he taught me that a good work ethic is what is needed to win, but it was my high school baseball coach. (I needed help saying this, believe it or not, those who know me will believe this, I started giving him the long answer, those in the booth with me reminded me that he didn't ask for a sermon)

Then the question of the hour (it may have come before the last question, I'm not sure, after all according to those around me I look at least 50, ha, gotcha, you know who you are).

The next few words out of my interviewers mouth would be jaw dropping, are you ready...

He asked me...

I can't bear to do it...

I am so embarrassed...



Can someone please...

OK here it goes...

Do you wear Pull-Ups when you go to bed at night?

There I've said it, now have a good laugh....

I answered promptly....

Not anymore!!!

Hey, we all gotta quit sometime, right?

Have a great day!

No comments: