Tuesday, December 15, 2015

A Broken Heart?

This morning I was reading and came across this little piece of advice from the pen of one of America's leading writers....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Perhaps the wound is old. A parent abused you. A teacher slighted you. A mate betrayed you . . .  And you are angry.

Or perhaps the wound is fresh. The friend that owes you money just drove by in a new car. The boss who hired you with promises of promotions has forgotten how to pronounce your name. . . . And you are hurt.

Part of you us broken, and the other part is bitter. Part of you wants to cry, and part of you wants to fight . . . There is a fire burning in your heart. It's the fire of anger. . . . 

And you are left with a decision. "Do I put the fire out or heat it up? Do I get over it or get even? Do I release it or resent it? Do I let my hurts heal, or do I let them turn into hate?" . . . . 

Unfaithfulness is wrong. Revenge is bad. But the worst part of all that is, without forgiveness, bitterness is all that is left."  ~Max Lucado, The Applause of Heaven
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hmmmm....  Difficult words to hear.  Even more difficult to heed. But. . . . Freedom isn't free.

Till our next visit...

No comments: