Friday, February 21, 2014

What a great question...

I am ashamed to admit it, but often in my life my focus turns to the negative...

I find myself looking at, not a glass half full, but a full glass and finding something to complain about...

This morning I was challenged, as I am many times when I read from one of the great writers/thinkers of our day...

Here is the question that challenged me.  "Are you so focused on what you don't have that  you are blind to what you do?"

The author of this probing question was inspired by the writings of a man who had much less than any of us and was able to write with conviction these words...  "Rejoice in the Lord always.  Again I will say, rejoice!"

Here is, as Paul Harvey used to say, "the rest of the story..."

From Max Lucado's book, "A Love Worth Giving."

"How's life? Someone asks.  And we who've been resurrected from the dead say, "Well, things could be better."  Or "Couldn't get a parking space." Or "My parents won't let me move to Hawaii."  Or "People won't leave me alone so I can finish my sermon on selfishness." ...

"Are you so focused on what you don't have that  you are blind to what you do?"

You have a ticket to heaven no thief can take,
an eternal home no divorce can break.
Every sin of your life has been cast into the sea.
Every mistake you've made is nailed to the tree.
You're blood-bought and heaven made.
A child of God - forever savesd.
So be grateful, joyful - for isn't it true?
What you don't have is much less than what you do.
 
Here is to admitting, I have more than I realize and should be trusting the Lord, through his Holy Spirit, to help me Rejoice like Paul could while imprisoned and fighting a thorn in the flesh.
 
 
Don't wallow in "I'm not" and just admit, "you are" and you have a Father, a Savior, his Spirit.  I think you and I who know Christ sound pretty rich!
 
Have a great day!


No comments: